Learn how to set up a wireless HP printer from Android using HP Smart.
For other helpful videos go to http://hp.com/supportvideos or http://youtube.com/hpsupport.
More support options are available at http://hp.com/support.
Continue the Conversation:
Follow these steps to set up a wireless HP printer from Android:
- From Android, open a web browser and go to 123.hp.com.
- Tap Get the App to install HP Smart.
- With HP Smart installed, tap the icon to open it.
- The first time you open HP Smart, a Welcome screen displays.
- Review the agreements and settings, select the check box to agree to the terms, and then tap Start.
- To detect a new printer in HP Smart, the printer must be in Setup mode.
- Setup mode activates automatically when turning on your printer for the first time, but is only activated for two hours.
- If It has been longer than two hours since turning on your printer, or you are unsure if your printer is in Setup mode, reset the printer network settings.
- For printers with buttons only, press the Cancel button to wake the printer from Sleep mode.
- Press and hold the Wireless and Cancel buttons at the same time for five seconds.
- Release the buttons to reset the network settings.
- For printers with an LCD or text display, navigate to the Wireless or Network Settings menu, and then select Restore Network Settings or Restore Network Defaults.
- For Tango and Tango X printers, press and hold the Wi-Fi button for five seconds until the edge lighting rotates blue.
- For touchscreen printers or printers with navigatable menus, use the Wireless Setup Wizard to connect your printer to the network.
- For printers with buttons only, connect using the WPS button on your router.
- With the printer on the network or in Setup mode, return to HP Smart.
- Tap the plus sign to add your printer to HP Smart.
- Select your printer, or if your printer is not listed tap Add printer.
- If no printers are listed, tap Set Up a New Printer.
- Tap to select your printer.
- If prompted, enter the wireless network password or key, and then tap Continue.
- With the printer successfully connected to the network, tap Continue to proceed with the remainder of the guided setup.
- If prompted, follow the instructions and videos to install cartridges and load paper into your printer.
- Don’t forget to adjust the paper guides to prevent jams and skewing.
- With paper loaded, tap Continue to set up any available services or software.
- The HP Print Service Plugin must be installed to use HP Smart.
- If prompted, tap Continue and follow the instructions to install, update, or enable the plugin.
- From HP Smart, follow the remaining screens to complete the setup and print straight from the app to your printer.
- Restrictions in Android seven and later might prevent printer setup.
- If you are unable to complete setup with your Android device, go to 123.hp.com from an iOS device or a Windows or Mac computer to complete setting up the printer.
#HP #HPSupport #HPPrinters
SHOP NOW: http://store.hp.com/us/en/
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone everywhere - every person, every organization, and every community around the globe. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze.
Connect with HP:
Visit HP WEBSITE: http://www.hp.com
Like HP on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/HP
Follow HP on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/HP
Follow HP on INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/hp
Follow HP on LINKEDIN: https://www.linkedin.com/company/hp
This video was produced by HP.
How To Set Up a Wireless HP Printer from Android | HP Printers | HP